Mozambique | Brazil | Portugal
Legal Counsel at MC&A with extensive experience in advising national and international clients in commercial and corporate matters, international transactions, investment projects, mergers and acquisitions in Mozambique, Brazil and Portugal.
Commercial and Corporate Law, M & A, Private Equity, Energy and Mining law, Labor Law in Mozambique, Brazil and Portugal.
- Focused on providing both legal and commercial advice, reviewing and drafting Commercial Contracts as well as supporting Tendering Processes. Assisting on big projects related to Impact Investing in Mozambique and Southern Africa;
- As a Senior Legal Advisor at a law firm in Maputo, Mozambique, she focused primarily on Natural Gas, Oil and Mining projects, co-led a team of 4 attorneys attending to high profile multinational companies in Mozambique;
- As a Partner at law firm in Mozambique and South Africa, she targeted primarily Lusophone African countries, focusing on Natural Resources and Environmental Law, led a team of 3 attorneys attending to multinational energy and oil & gas companies doing business in the region, both in exploration as well as in logistic. Interfaced with clients’ international headquarters and local government providing legal advisory in association with international partners;
- As an independent practice Attorney, in Portugal, Brazil and Mozambique, she focused mainly in International Corporate Law, mediated M&A processes between clients based in different Lusophone countries. Provided legal representation to Portuguese SMEs in Brazil and Mozambique;
- As a legal counsel in New York, USA, she focused mainly in the Private sector and Agreements Advisory, drafted, reviewed and processed contracts, between companies and individuals. Mediated and acted as an interpreter between international clients (Portuguese, Spanish and Italian speaking) and senior counsel, researching and translating documents;
- As an associate Attorney in São Paulo, Brazil, she was highly focused on International Business development, Private Equity and Commercial Law, in several countries where the company had corresponding partners. Responsible for a number of Corporate Law and Legal Agreements, notably the International Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland. Assumed the role of senior advisor on Brazilian law, providing representation and international mediation for professional football players in Europe. Led a team of 7 attorneys’ in charge of several high-profile corporate cases. Represented the plaintiff on claims, disputes and litigation in the São Paulo State and Federal Courts;
- As an In-House Counsel at a big company in Brazil, she had main responsibilities centered in Public Tendering, Public Procurement law and Tendering procedures. Served as a member of the Bid Evaluation Committee, performing a variety of legal services, culminating in a new citywide transportation system regulation for the largest metropolitan area in the continent.
- Master degree in International Legal Studies by the Pontifícia Universidade Católica - PUC, São Paulo, Brazil (2010).
- Global & Emerging Markets U.S. Public Law by the New York University SCPS, New York, USA (2007).
- International Legal Studies By the New York University School of Law, New York, USA (2004).
- LL.B - Bachelor in Law by the UNIP Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil (2000).
Portuguese, English, Spanish, Italian, French and Japanese.