Lisbon / Luanda / Maputo
He is a lawyer with extensive experience of legal practice in Portugal and in the Portuguese speaking African countries. Since 2008, he has practiced mainly in the area of labor law and litigation, assisting national and international clients in these and other matters, namely corporate law, especially in Portugal, Angola and Mozambique.
Labor Law and Litigation in Portugal, Angola and Mozambique.
- Assisted an international health care services group in its restructuring in Angola, under a FCPA procedure, which was brought by the American Authorities, in respect to the areas of litigation and labor;
- Advice a major international company in the fuel distribution area, in the establishment of a company in Mozambique and the beginning of its activity in that country;
- Advice to an International client in the area of the transport of Express Mail, in the acquisition of companies in the same area in Portugal;
- Advice an international client in the construction sector, in the acquisition of all assets of a Mozambican company, also advising its activity in this country, namely in the labor area;
- Advice a Swedish bank in obtaining the authorization from the supervisor to start up its activity in Portugal;
- Advice a large international health care company in the litigation area;
- Advice a company in healthcare area, in a labor litigation;
- Advice an International client in the area of the express mail transport, in several litigation procedures, namely civil and labor;
- Advised an international engineering company, in litigation procedures in the oil field;
- Advised a Swedish international sportsman, in litigation procedures in the real estate area.
- Daily assistance to several companies and individuals, namely in the areas of labor and litigation.
In 2005, he won the “Dr. Beleza dos Santos” Award, by the school of Law of the University of Coimbra, in Criminal Law area.
- Member of the Portuguese Bar Association.
- Associate of JUTRA - Luso-Brazilian Association of Labor Jurists.
- Author of several publications in labor area, regarding Portugal, Angola and Mozambique.
- Speaker in several national and international lectures namely Labor Law.
- Master degree in Angolan Law by the school of Law of the University of Lisbon (2013).
- Postgraduate training course in labor case law (fixed-term contract) by the University Lusófona of Porto (2011).
- Postgraduate in Labor Law by the Institute of Business and Labor Law of the FDUC (2006).
- Degree in Law by the school of Law of the University of Coimbra (2005).
Portuguese, English and French.